Tourism and Leisure in Lubéron
Not to miss...
Le village des Bories à Gordes, constructions of dry stones in a very well protected Provençal natural place. (Visit all year around every day from 9.00 a.m. to setting sun).
Le musée de la lavande à Coustellet, story of distillation and utilisation of lavender through stills exposition. A nice shop there is selling many products made with lavender.
Le conservatoire des Ocres et pigments appliqués à Roussillon, this ancient ochre factory proposes you guided visits, workshops, thematic expositions.
Open every day all year around.
La forêt de Cèdres à Bonnieux, you will find there hundred years old trees and a botanic footpath with explanations of Luberon flora.
Le Musée du Tire bouchon à Ménerbes, presentation of over one thousand pieces from 17th Century till today.
Le fort de Buoux, listed on the Historical Register, opened every day, all year around from rising to setting sun.
Fontaine de Vaucluse, listed on the Unesco Register, this spring of secret origin is giving rise to the "Sorgue" river.
Isle sur la Sorgue walk on the Sorgue riverside and antique market every sunday (all day)
Character villages :
Apt (Candied fruit capital), Avignon and Palais des Papes, Arles, Camargue, Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Uzès.
Activities on spot
- 18 meters heated pool,
- tennis court,
- « pétanque » playground,
- fitness trail,
- kid's club
- Bikes rental (delivery at the hotel)
- Tennis lesson with a professional coach
- Balooning (departure from Roussillon)
- Air plane over the Lubéron (departure from Avignon airport)
- Canoë and trout fishing (Fontaine de Vaucluse)
- Horse riding (Joucas)
- Original rambling with Martine Tempier (local guide)
- 18 holes golf (Provence Country Club in Saumane, Golf Grand Avignon in Vedène, Golf de Chateaublanc in Morières les Avignon)